Slovakia has borders with Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Ukraine and Poland.
- Capital city of Slovakia is Bratislava, and capital of Austria, Vienna, is the nearest capital city, only 70 km away.
- Currency in Slovakia is EURO.
- Slovak republic is a member of the European Union since May 1, 2004.
- Bratislava has an international airport and next airport is in Vienna, only 60 km away.
- International access code for Slovakian phone number is +421.
- Emergency number is the same like European number 112.
- Time zone is UTC+ 1.
Slovakia is very rich on its diverse nature and national parks.
Interesting facts about Slovakia:
For example, the country you can find 9 national parks and 14 protected landscapes.
Slovakia has more than 6 000 caves and 1 600 mineral springs. Many caves are found in national parks and you would see some unusual things that aren’t in traditional caves.
So, in the National Park High Tatras are 27 peaks which height is higher than 2500 m.a.s.l. and 10 of them are highest than 2600 m.a.s.l.. All of these are providing unforgettable views and breath-taking nature. You will experience the most beautiful panoramic views. Each peak offers a unique view of the whole mountain range and the surrounding countryside.
In this NP is more than 600 km of marked trials which can get you to the most interesting places in High Tatras. This National Park is the first and oldest NP found in Slovakia in 1949. It is situated in North and its shared with Poland.
Above all, Slovakia is not Slovenia 🙂 However, we don’t have a problem with it. Slovakia lies in Central Europe and geographic center of Europe is in the village Kremnické Bane, in the middle of Slovakia.
In conclusion, more facts about the country you can find here
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact us: